I'm using macOS for close to 7 years now. An Intel version for work and an M1 chip version for personal use. The M1 MacBook pro is absolutely a beast. Battery life is great, performance is top-notch. 4k 10mins video export takes only 5 mins in iMovie, where it took 30m in intel MacBook pro.
- Iterm 2 as default terminal app.
- Iterm 2 Profile file, just import and start using this.
- Oh My Zsh for default shell.
- Customized verion of dracula theme for the iterm app.
- Visual Studio Code from Microsoft, is an open source software.
- Extensions I use in visual studio code.
- FiraCode as my programming font in both code editor and terminal.
- Settings for vscode editor.
Run the below command in your terminal app to get all the list of extensions in your visual studio code editor.
- Itsycal a minimalist calendar app.
- Sketch for designing logos, wireframes, and visual designing.
- I am a Spotify user.
- Notion for note taking and more.
- Krisp AI to cancel background noise while recording or when doing a video call.
Check out my dribbble account for dribbble shots.
If you want the same setup as mine in your MacBook, go ahead and install my dotfiles.
💅 Comes with
- Oh My Zsh as default terminal shell.
- Shortcuts & Aliases
- Homebrew for installing mac apps and others via command line.
- NVM for managing node versions.
- Yarn for doing fast node modules install, as npm sucks.
- Z - Jump Around to jump to the frequent folders without a full path.
For writing, I use Grammarly to catch common and grammatical errors.
- iMovie for editing videos.
- Canva for creating and editing thumbnail.
- Maono AU-A04 condenser microphone kit.
- Logitech c922 WebCam for recording live coding.
- Osaka Tripod Stand when I want to use my smartphone as camera.
- Green Screen for custom background.
Thanks for reading my post. If you have any suggestions or a question comment below.